As anyone will tell you, the hardest phrase to come by in the music industry is “risk free”. However, many would agree that music licensing comes as close as possible. Licensing is a venture passed by far too often, usually because of the general public’s lack of knowledge about what it actually is. The KLM licensing department, paired with Sony Music Licensing, has made it easier than ever to expand your business into a field of the music industry that remains extremely profitable with very little risk, as well as being quite fun at the same time!
By making songs available to the KLM and Sony Music licensing departments, an artist has the best chance of earning that elusive “mailbox money” by getting placement in films, TV, Video Games and commercials around the world! At the same time, licensing songs out to production companies serves another extremely important purpose: visibility. Not only do you have the possibility of earning hundreds of thousands of dollars in license revenue, but the opportunity for that song to be heard by millions and millions of new fans!
- The easiest possible revenue stream ever. Send the song and let KLM and Sony do all the work.
- Past license placements have garnered up to $300,000 per license
- Risk-free. There are no extraordinary up-front costs involved; a true “sit back and collect the checks” situation!
- Simple, widespread promotion for you, your artists, and their songs.
- Worldwide placement of songs in TV, film, and more.
- Full reporting to check up on your songs and placements at your fingertips.
A simple Google search will bring you to the doorstep of a dozen “licensing” companies that will promise to place your songs in the next episode of your favorite TV show, but can you name them off the top of your head? The answer is probably a resounding “no.” With KLM, you’ve got the power of a seasoned team of music professionals handling every aspect of your licensing needs, including submission, placement, accounting, reporting and more. Not to mention the support of Sony Music Licensing, who holds one of the most extensive sync licensing catalogs in existence and the sales team and results to back it up.